You know that question: If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? Well this is my answer! Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas. The bonus is that they’re a healthier version of your average enchiladas.
Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 bags (1 lb) of Tyson Chicken Strips, cut into cubes
- 1 lg Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lg Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 3/4 cup Chi-Chi’s Chunky Salsa, divided (hot and mild)
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg) Philadelphia, cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup Mexican 2% milk shredded four cheese, divided
- 8-10 ea 6″ Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Cooking Spray
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add diced chicken, red and green peppers along with the chili powder; cook and stir for 8 min.
3. Stir in 1/4 cup salsa and cream cheese; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until cream cheese has melted and mixture is well blended.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese.
5. Spoon heaping 1/3 cup mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
6. Place, seam-sides down, in 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
*7. Top with remaining salsa and shredded cheese.
8. Cover with Aluminum Foil and bake 20 minutes
Yields: 8-10 Servings (1 Enchilada per serving)
Weight Watcher Points: 7 PointsPlus
*My husband and I have different spice levels so I always spread Hot Salsa on half of the Enchiladas and Mild Salsa over the other half. If you notice in the picture below, I inserted toothpicks in the Hot Enchiladas before baking so I don’t get confused and accidentally grab one of the hubs. Ouch!
Share with us below your thoughts on this delicious dinner or if you ended up making any changes to it. We love hearing for our readers.
If you liked this Article, Feel Free to Share it: